Tuesday 6 September 2011

Second day in college

Thoughts so far...    
At first I didn't know what to expect or how the day would plan out, but so far there's been a lot of filling out paper work and procedures, however I am looking forward to the more practical work to begin such as patten cutting.
For my first task I had to research a few designers of my choice and whilst I was doing so i came across Madeleine Vionnet, Gabrielle (coco) Chanel and Christian Dior.
I read about all three of the designers and I personally find Chanel a really interesting brand and it stood out to me the most because its such an iconic brand and there was a lot of facts that I'd not known about before such as that her tradmark colour was beige and i always presumed it was black because of her claim to fame with the little black cocktail dress, the fact her no5 perfuem is still a big seller today astounds me! Her brand is still going really strong since 1921 and has a lot more of a variation in the brand including some high couture wedding dresses...

I think this dress is amazing and its definaly not just your average dress! I love the way it drapes perfectly and the simplisty of this dress defines it completely...and with that head dress its definatly a show stopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment